The Early Intervention Program provides services to families and children from birth to 3 years of age who have, or are at risk for, a delay in development, living in Berkley, Dighton, Lakeville, Middleboro, Raynham, Rehoboth, Seekonk, and Taunton. Delays may be in one or more of the following areas: motor, speech and language, cognition, social emotional, self-help skills, vision, and hearing. The delay may also be related to medical, biological and environmental risk factors.
Early Intervention services focus on the family education, training and support , recognizing the crucial influence of the child’s daily environment on his or her growth and development. Therefore, Early Intervention staff together with families, assess their child’s developmental needs, and incorporates strategies to meet the family and child’s outcomes in the context of their daily routines. Early Intervention staff support and encourage the available resources in their community.
- To recognize the family as the primary teachers and support them in meeting the outcomes that they would like to achieve.
- To help the family understand their child’s specific needs and to provide parents with support and educational guidelines to facilitate their child’s growth and development. Strategies to improve outcomes that have been identified by the family, are offered maintained on a regular basis, such as weekly. Caregivers share in the strategies utilized and are active in repeating the strategies on a daily basis. Children then are able to experience the befits of the strategies every day during their typical routines.
- To assist parents with the transition to new or continuing programs when their child becomes three years old or achieves developmental goals
- To provide information and resources to families and community agencies
Services Provided Include:
- Service Coordination
- Physical Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Oral Health Education
- Nursing Services
- Deaf-Education Services
- Infant Massage Instruction
- Sensory Integration Therapy
- Behavior/Social Emotional Intervention
- Infant/Toddler Yoga
- Music Groups
- Infant/Toddler Groups
- Parent Support and Education Groups
- Resource Support
Department of Medical Assistance/MAHealth
Department of Public Health
Association of Developmental Disabilities Providers
Department of Elementary & Secondary Education
Department of Developmental Disabilities
ARC of North Bristol County
Massachusetts Adult Day Services Association
Department of Elder Affairs
Department of Transitional Assistance
National Parent-Child Home Program
Zero to Three
Federation for Children with Special Needs
Early Head Start National Resource Site
Bristol Elders Services, Inc.
Massachusetts Head Start